Tuesday, March 22, 2011

is 'laissez-faire' a parenting style?

an introduction: as a cure for boredom this week I staged a photo op with paint and the baby. Several people I know then asked me where I had found 'baby safe paint' (note baby licking paint). Dur. I just used regular paint and tried not to let her eat too much of it.
*confession - I also let her lick the floor/my pants/the toys at the fun zone. and when her bink falls on the ground, I stick it in my mouth to get the germs off before giving it back to her.   One of my parenting tips might be 'don't let the baby play with the cat's asshole'.   I mean really, are there people out there who actually sterilize baby toys?  Gah.  Frankly, I'd rather be...well, almost anything.  so then I think, hmmmmm...am I a bad parent?  nah.

PS.  I also don't use one of those 'cart cover' things at the grocery store.  I just plop her right in it.  gasp.  shudder.

No comments:

Post a Comment